Make the Filling
1. Bring a medium pot of water to the boil.
2. Add the sweet potato noodles to the boiling water and cook for 7 mins. Drain and rinse through with cold tap water.
3. Using scissors, cut up noodles into manageable lengths.
4. In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the prepared noodles and all the other filling ingredients and mix through with a gloved hand.
5. Fill each dumpling wrapper with a small amount of filling. Fold the round wrapper in half to form a half moon shape. Press in the edges to seal (the more experienced you are, the more you can fill your wrapper to make a more plump dumpling).
6. Smear a small amount of water around the edges of half of the wrapper to help seal the dumpling.
7. Place dumplings on in steamer baskets lined with parchment paper. Make sure you space them apart and that they are not touching each other.
8. Steam for 8-15 minutes (depending on much you fill each dumpling).
Pan fried method
1. Heat some oil in a small pan over medium arrange
2. Arrange 8 dumplings until the bottom turns light brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add 50 ml water to the pan and turn the heat to high.
4. Cover the pan with its lid and let it steam.
5. Turn the heat back to medium as soon as the water has completely evaporated.
Make the Dipping Sauce
Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and stir to dissolve the sugar.
Add spring onions, sesame seeds to chilli to taste.
Serve steamed/pan fried dumplings with dipping sauce.