1. Blitz lemongrass, garlic and shallots in a food processor until fine (or bash into a paste using a mortar and pestle).
2. Heat oil in a large pot. Add in lemongrass, garlic and shallot paste and fry off until fragrant. Add in red curry paste and continue to fry off (about 3-5mins). Be careful not to burn this paste.
3. Add pumpkin pieces and stir to coat.
4. Add water/stock and vegetable stock powder. Stir to mix through and bring to the boil.
5. Reduce heat and let simmer for 15-20minutes or until pumpkin is cooked through (very soft). The smaller/thinner your pumpkin pieces, the faster they will cook.
6. Remove the pot off the stove. Use a stick blender (or blender) to puree the contents of the pot until you arrive at a thick, smooth liquid soup.
7. Return the pot to the stove and add in coconut milk. Stir to mix through completely. Taste and season if necessary.
You can garnish your soup with a dollop of coconut milk, a few pieces of roasted pumpkin (optional) and fresh coriander. I served this soup with lots of crusty sourdough on the side.