Tag Line: This dish is easy-to-made side and ideal for family meals. It is made by stuffing pork, mushroom in tofu and then braising in tomato sauce which goes perfectly with steamed rice.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
1. Put the black fungus in warm water for 10 minuntes to hydrate. Chop into small pieces.
2. Chop onion and mince garlic and eschalot finely . Dice tomato.
3. Marinate pork mixture : add pork mince, eschalot, 1/2 garlic, salt, pepper, black fungus together and mix until combined. Marinate for 30 minutes.
4. Slice tofu in half to make a small pocket and slowly stuff the marinated pork in the tofu.
5. Place tofu into steamer and steam for 5-7 minutes.
6. In a pan or wok, add oil bring to medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook fry until frangant. Add tomato paste and cook it down, add the diced tomatoes until combined.
7. Add water, fish sauce, salt, sugar, chicken powder to sauce. Bring sauce to boil, add tofu and reduce the heat to simmer until pork stuffing mixture is cooked and sauce is reduced.
8. Serve with steamed rice.