For the marinade:
- In a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients for the marinade
- Bring to a boil and whisk it a few times to let the sugar dissolve completely. Once boiling, lower the heat and simmer for 1 minute. Set aside to cool completely
For the eggs:
- Heat water (plus a splash of vinegar + salt to easily peel the eggs later) in a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Tip: there should be enough water to fully cover the eggs
- Once fully boiling, gently lower the eggs into the water. Set a 6 to 6 1/2 minute timer for a runny/custard like egg yolk
- Lower the heat to maintain a gentle boil
- Prepare a bowl with ice and water, and once the timer goes off, immediately take the eggs out and shock them in water for 10 minutes.
- Peel the eggs and place them in a small zip lock bag or small airtight container
- Pour marinade over the eggs, ensuring all the marinade is covering the eggs.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, but best overnight!