Tag Line: This dish is easy-to-made side and ideal for family meals. It is made by stuffing pork, mushroom in tofu and then braising in tomato sauce which goes perfectly with steamed rice.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
1. Put the black fungus in warm water for 10 minuntes to hydrate. Chop into small pieces.
2. Chop onion and mince garlic and eschalot finely . Dice tomato.
3. Marinate pork mixture : add pork mince, eschalot, 1/2 garlic, salt, pepper, black fungus together and mix until combined. Marinate for 30 minutes.
4. Slice tofu in half to make a small pocket and slowly stuff the marinated pork in the tofu.
5. Place tofu into steamer and steam for 5-7 minutes.
6. In a pan or wok, add oil bring to medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook fry until frangant. Add tomato paste and cook it down, add the diced tomatoes until combined.
7. Add water, fish sauce, salt, sugar, chicken powder to sauce. Bring sauce to boil, add tofu and reduce the heat to simmer until pork stuffing mixture is cooked and sauce is reduced.
8. Serve with steamed rice.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
1. Wash glutinous rice and soak at least 2 hours before cooking.
2. Finely chop garlic and 1 clove of eschalot. Thinly slice the rest of eschalot and shallot and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, add chicken, 1 teaspoon of garlic, 1 teaspoon of sliced eschalot, cooking wine, five spice powder, fish sauce and 1 tbsp oyster sauce, sesame oil and 1/2 tbsp sugar. Mix well to combine and let it marinade for 1 hour.
4. Take glutinous rice out and drain well. Add glutinous rice to steamer on medium high heat, add salt and stir evenly. Steam for about 10 minutes. When it turns soft and sticky, add coconut cream into sticky rice and stir evenly to combine and cook for another 5 minutes. Make sure glutinous rice is not too mushy or too dry.
5. (Fried Eschalot) In a saucepan on medium heat, add 1/2 tbsp of oil. Once the oil is heated, add sliced eschalot and fry it. When eschalot turns golden brown, turn off the heat and set aside.
6. (Shallot Oil) In a saucepan on medium heat, add the remaning oil. Once the oil is heated, add shallot in and quickly stir for 15 seconds and then add a pinch of salt and pepper. Turn off the heat and set aside.
7. (Sauce) In a small pan on medium heat, add oil, the remaning garlic, chopped eschalot and fry until fragrant. Add soysauce, chilli sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, chicken powder and mix well to combine. Turn off the heat and aside.
8. Turn oven on 180 degree, grill the chicken for 30 minutes.
9. Remove chicken from the oven and rest it. Then cut chicken into small pieces.
10. Place sticky rice on a plate. Place pate, shallot oil, sauce, fried eschalot and chicken on the top.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
1. Finely chop garlic and shallots. Peel taro stem. Cut pineapple, okra, taro stem in diagonally intosimilar sized batons. Slice tomato into quartered pieces. Roughly cut herbs for garnish.
2. In a medium pan, add 2 tbsp oil, bring to heat, add 1 tsp of garlic, eschalot until fragrant. Add the fish and cook each side for 2 minutes. Then leave aside.
3. In a medium pot, add 2 tbsp oil. Once hot, add garlic and stir fry in a pot until it turns golden brown. Scoop out the garlic and set aside in a small bowl for garnish. Add 1/2 the amount of tomato in the pot, and stir fry until very tender. Slowly add in chicken stock or water and bring it to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to medium. Add in the remaining 1/2 of tomatoes, pineapple, okra, and cook for 3 minutes until almost soft.
5. Add in basa fillets. Season to taste with tamarind, sugar, fish sauce. Simmer until Basa is cooked through for 3 minutes.
6. Add in bean sprout, taro stem and cook for another minute then remove from heat.
7. Serving method: Put veggies first and then place the fish, herb, chilli and fried garlic.
8. Serve with steamed rice.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 40 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours and 10 minutes
1. Slice off the bottom root of the lemongrass stalk and peel off any dried-out leaves and layers. Then cut 4 of the lemongrass into 12cm batons, smashing it under the side of a cleaver or knife to release the flavour. For easy removal from a pot of hot liquid, tie the stalks into a knot and set aside.
2. Peel and cut carrots and white radish into 2cm chunks. Thinly slice onions. Slice shallot and coriander for garnish and set aside.
3. Cut beef into large 3cm chunks
4. In a large bowl, combine the beef with 2 tsp of garlic, 1 tsp ginger, 1 tsp eschalot, 2 tbsp fish sauce, 1 teapoon salt and white or raw sugar until each piece is evenly coated. Marinate for at least 1 hour.
5. In a large pot on medium high heat, add oil and remaining garlic, eschalot, ginger. Fry until fragrant then add tomato paste, beef spices to pot.
6. Add marinated beef to the pot and then stir fry. Add water, coconut juice, remaining fish sauce and rock sugar. Bring to boil, reduce the heat to medium low, cover pot with a lid and simmer for 1 hour. Season with salt and beef or chicken seasoning powder.
7. Add carrots, white radish and simmer for another 30-40 minutes until beef is tender.
8. Mix lime, salt and pepper together for the dipping sauce.
9. Place beef stew into a bowl and sprinkle the top with shallots, coriander, sliced onion and some pepper.
10. Serve with bread.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Serves: 4 - 6
1. Slice off the bottom root of the lemongrass stalk and peel off any dried-out leaves and layers. Then cut 4 of the lemongrass into 12cm batons, smashing it under the side of a cleaver or knife to release the flavour. For easy removal from a pot of hot liquid, tie the stalks into a knot and set aside. Cut the remaining lemongrass thinly and place in food processor machine to be grated.
2. Finely chop garlic, eschalot. Peel ginger and cut into 2cm medallions and smash it to release its flavour. Peel and cut carrots, potatoes, sweet potato into 1 inch chunks. Thinly slice onions and set aside.
3. Cut chicken into large 3cm chunks.
4. In a large bowl, add chicken, 1 tsp lemongrass grated, 1 tsp of eschalot, 1 tsp garlic, 1 tsp salt, 1 tbsp fish sauce and 1 tbsp curry powder. Let it marinade for at least 1 hour.
5. In a large pot on medium high heat, add oil and remaining garlic, lemongrass grated and eschalot . Fry until fragrant. Add curry paste and stir for 20 seconds.
6. Add the marinated chicken to the pot and combine well. Add ginger, lemongrass, water, coconut juice, sugar, curry leaves and the remaining fish sauce. Bring to boil then reduce the heat to medium low, cover pot with a lid and simmer for 1/2 hour. Season with salt and chicken seasoning powder.
7. Add carrots first then add potatoes and sweet potatoes in the soup. Continue to simmer until potatoes are cooked.
8. Add coconut cream and sliced onion into the soup and turn off the heat.
9. Serve with bread.
First of all, thank you for being a loyal and consistent AGO customer over the years. Your satisfaction means a lot to us, and we hope we’ve been successful in providing you excellent customer service and products.
Due to global and local price increases, we are forced to undergo some changes to our delivery structure.
For more information please see our Delivery Information